The Malaysia Retail Chain Association (MRCA) was founded in the year 1992. We strongly believe that by pooling all the resources together, Malaysian chain retailers could harness the networking power to expand their business and facilitate the enhancement of chain stores management through education and training.
MRCA acts as an excellent avenue for retail businesses to network and exchange ideas, share resources and to promote the healthy expansion of the retail industry in Malaysia and abroad.
MRCA aims to create a highly supportive environment to build retail businesses and pool ideas,
experiences and efforts to tap on various opportunities in Malaysia as well as abroad. Its vision is to be recognized as one of the most influential retail bodies in Malaysia, supporting the development and
globalization of the retail industry.
Since it was established, MRCA has developed into a very strong organisation, comprising of more than 450 leading retail chain stores operators, as well as franchisors and covering more than 25,000
outlets throughout Malaysia.
With such a vast network of retail outlets, these members help provide more than 200,000 job opportunities to Malaysians across the country, and the number is expected to continue to expand, judging from the bright potential of the retail industry.
The milestones and accolades awarded to many MRCA members are benchmarks of their deep and extensive involvement in their businesses as well as helping to shape the future of the retail industry in Malaysia. MRCA brings together the cream of the crop, as its members consist of well know retail chain brands from respective fields such as Poh Kong jewellery, Secret Recipe food and beverage, Senheng Electrical, 7 Eleven convenience shops, OSIM healthy lifestyle products, Bonia leather goods, Focus Point eyewear, Nelson’s corn, Naza Motor, Marrybrown,
Subway fast food, VOIR, Valiram fashion, Petronas oil and gas industry, as well as Maxis and DiGi
Malaysia in the telecommunications field and many more.
On top of these revered members, the MRCA has also benefited immensely from the constant support of members in various fields such as RHB Group from the banking industry, Media Prima, The Star and Sin Chew from the media industry. These members have provided unrelenting support in helping the growth of MRCA members.
MRCA members have also successfully expanded overseas in countries such as United States of America, Australia, China as well as the African, Middle East and ASEAN countries.
MRCA provides its members with the opportunity to capitalize on the collective experience and resources of Malaysia’s dynamic group of retail experts.
- Monthly meetings and regular events provide members with development updates on the retail
front as well as a good opportunity for members to socialize with each other.
- Various training and education programs organized by the association help to improve the skills
and capabilities of the members’ staff to propel them further in their career.
- Joint marketing and promotion programs have also been one of the excellent benefits that
members have enjoyed. By sharing and cross-referencing, members get to tap on to each
other’s customers with minimal investment.
- Other support and assistance exist in the form of business opportunities and study tours and
overseas trade mission, as well as sharing of resources and inter-company visits. With the
highly creative and dynamic committee behind the MRCA, one can only expect more exciting
events and more beneficial programs to be unveiled.
To gain recognition as one of the most inﬂuential retail bodies in globalizing Malaysian chain retailers and franchisors both locally and abroad.
To create a highly supportive environment to develop our business and assemble our ideas, experiences and efforts together by prioritising the needs and requirements of members and continuously exploring opportunities for them to grow beyond the shores of Malaysia.
- Enhancing the retail environment and assisting retail chain business owners in their global expansion.
- Representing our members as the voice of the retail chain industry on matters of the industry’s concern.
- Providing educational & training programme related to the retail trade through seminars & trade exhibitions.
- Building stronger negotiation power for members’ expansion and growth in merchandising and purchasing.
- Exploring avenues for abroad business opportunities.
- Forging and building relationships with successful and renowned industry leaders who acts a business mentors for our members in sharing their insights, knowledge and skills.
- Promoting Malaysia as the shopping haven to the world through developing and building strong affiliations with counterpart organizations globally.